Pages

Carly Phillips - Lucky Streak


Publisher: Mass Market Paperback Original

ISBN-13: 9780373773756

My rating: 2/5

Long ago, as revenge on a Corwin who stole her son’s fiancee, a witch proclaimed an eternal curse that every Corwin male who married for love would be destined to lose his love and his fortune …

The good news is that Mike, a police officer, awakens after some hard partying in Vegas $100,000 richer and married to Amber, the gorgeous woman he met the night before. The bad news: His last name is Corwin. The really bad news is that Amber’s a consummate con who took his money and ran. Seems the family curse has finally hit him.
But to Amber, Mike isn’t business as usual. Something about her new husband softens her steely heart, even as she betrays him. And Mike, first hell-bent on divorce, welcomes a second chance to defy the curse… and turn his run of bad fortune into a lucky streak (http://www.carlyphillips.com/)

 
My thougths
 
I finished this book a few days back and I still don't really know what to think. I think I'm going with: Yeah .... NO!

This was one of the books when I should've stopped reading when my "eye rolling" didn't stop. Gist is: Girl (Amber) living in Las Vegas meets Cop (Mike) from Boston who's in town for his friend's wedding, they win big time and get married - AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN DRUNK! Next morning she's gone and so is the money. But Amber follows him to Boston to make this marriage work.

I just couldn't get into the story, which was in itself a good idea, but in my humble opinion lacked depth. There's a lot of repetition - I got annoyed after a while how often I had to read about Amber's thoughts to make this marriage work and how important it was to her life; as well as the constant (and I mean constant!) reminder of the curse, no matter how important it is to the story.

All in all - not my cup of tea! Sorry, Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment