Pages

Jill Shalvis - Animal Magnetism

Publisher: Berkley Sensation

ISBN: 978 0425239810

My rating: 3.5/5


Sunshine, Idaho, is a small and sunny town - the perfect home for man and beast. Well, maybe not for man, as pilot-for-hire Brady Miller discovers when his truck is rear-ended by what appears to be Noah's Ark.

As the co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has good reason to be distracted behind the wheel - there are puppies, a piglet, and a duck in her Jeep. but she doesn't find it hard to focus on the sexy, gorgeous stranger she's collided with.

Lilah has lived in sunshine all her life, and though Brady is just passing through, he has her abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire. It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie - both  animal and human - that keeps him coming back for more ... (from the back of the book cover).


My thoughts

My second Shelves book, though I didn't get engrossed in it as much as the first one I read (Simply Irresistible) this one was still a page turner. Brady comes to Sunshine following an invite by his foster brothers Dell and Adam who run a veterinary centre and gets rear ended by Lilah on the very first morning he arrives ... and can't get his eyes and hands off her for the rest of his stay in Sunshine.

“Animal Magnetism” is a character driven story rather than a plot, but like “Simply Irresistible”, the characters felt real to me. I loved Lilah and felt connected straight away – she got hurt and only surrounds herself with people she knows and trusts sounds very (!) familiar to me. Brady is Shalvis’ typical male character, ticking all the right boxes, yet brought to his knees by the cutest dog, Twinkles. (Great scene when Brady tries to get twinkles to go to sleep :-)

This is the first book in another series by Shalvis and I do hope Dell will be next. I loved the little scene between him and Jade when they come to visit Lilah.

Favourite quote.... many!
“Let me get this straight. You can’t stop barking to save your own life, but you can roll over?”


No comments:

Post a Comment