Pages

Sample Sunday - Sweet Dreams, Miss England


Has another week really gone by?

Enjoy another little bit of SDME ..... and leave a comment if you liked it .... pretty please ?  :-)


Nicky was on her way to the hotel to see Daniel. He had rung her a few days earlier and as usual he didn’t want to leave a message on her answering machine, but drove her insane with his perseverance.

          “Hello.”

          “Hi there, it’s me.”

          “I sort of had an idea, Mr. Callaghan. Nobody else ignores my answering machine the way you do. It’s very late and I’m about to go to bed.”

          “I’m sorry, Miss England. I won’t take much of your time. I’ll be flying out to the States on Wednesday with a stopover in London. I thought I could come earlier and have that dinner I owe you.”

          “What about Alex?” Nicky asked.

          “Alex isn’t coming. He preferred to spend some time with Erin, so Sash is coming instead, which is great. He didn’t get the same flights, though, so I’ll be catching up with him in Chicago.”

          “Look Daniel ...” she started to say, but Daniel interrupted her.

          “Miss England, it’ll only be for dinner. And I’ll be a good boy, I promise.”

          Nicky sighed.

          “It’s just dinner,” he said.

          “Ok, Daniel. Only dinner and I will meet you there. There’ll be no flirting, no kissing and no whatsoever,” she said.

          “This is the second time you mention whatsoever. One day you really have to show me what it exactly is,” Daniel said with a smile in his voice.

          “You’re pushing it!” Nicky said.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment