Pages

Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Kiss an Angel

Publisher: Avon, February 1996
ISBN: 978-0380782338

My rating: 3/5


How did pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux find herself in this fix? She can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Alex Markov, however, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little featherhead with champagne tastes. As humorless as he is deadly handsome, he drags the irrepressible Daisy away from her uptown life into an adventure that will change their lives forever. (www.susanephillips.com)


My thoughts
My first non-Chicago-Stars book!

So this was my first choice .... out of a nice selection .... yet when I read the blurb my initial thought was "WTF??" But SEP pulled off a modern-day arranged marriage nicely, but not only that, it's all set in a circus.

Alex is the sexy Russian hero and Daisy's husband. He's got a lot of baggage to carry and again SEP did brilliantly to develop him from a seemingly straight laced, cold man who has a strong sense of honour and pride to the man who falls in love with Daisy. She shows and teaches him how to care for someone and love.
Daisy has her baggage as well.  She's broke and has no choice but to agree to the marriage with Alex or face prison because she can't pay her debts.

I loved the book. It made me laugh, it made me cry and made me want to visit the next circus coming to town. Yet, it wasn't quite the page turner I'm used to from SEP, but I can't pinpoint why it wasn't.

If you love SEP you'll love this one as well. It's a great read, with raw emotions that keeps you reading till the end.

So .... which one will I read next? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment