Pages

Kathy Reichs - Fatal Voyage

Publisher: Pocket Star

ISBN:  9781416510567

My rating: 3/5


She has a passion for the truth . . . and this time, it's taking her down.
A commercial airliner disaster has brought Tempe Brennan to the North Carolina mountains as a member of the investigative agency DMORT. As bomb theories abound, Tempe soon discovers a jarring piece of evidence that raises dangerous questions -- and gets her thrown from the DMORT team. Relentless in her pursuit of its significance, Tempe uncovers a shocking, multilayered tale of deceit and depravity as she probes her way into frightening territory -- where someone wants her stopped in her tracks.

My thoughts

This is a great story, but way to long and sometimes way too much into detail to keep me reading/interested. I like the whole forensic stuff, but there's a limit for my little brain - this book gave me an overload.

So there's a plane crash in in North Carolina and Tempe Brennan is (coincidental) just around the corner and is asked to help out. Ryan (the Montreal cop) will join the crash site (coincidental) as well. She goes of in the forest for some rest and .... surprise surprise finds a foot which is not belonging to the crash site. Then it starts to get reasonably interesting as the pressure is on her to prove that she did follow protocol with this foot. Pressure from the high ranking Lieutenant Governor of the State. Then it's really like a roller coaster, well it would've been if Reichs wouldn't yadi yadi yada around. The plane crash? Don't ask me, it was like a second, irrelevant plot.

I'd say less would've been more. The constant repetition of questions, not only regarding work, but her private life really made me skip pages in the end. And as I said above, the plane crash a big fizzer!

I think you will enjoy it if you're a Reichs Fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment