Pages

Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Lady Be Good

Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Publisher: Avon

ISBN: 978-0380794485

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lady Emma Wells-Finch, the oh-so-proper headmistress of England’s St. Gertrude’s School for Girls, is a woman on a mission—she has two weeks to lose her reputation. World-famous playboy-athlete Kenny Traveler is suspended from the sport he loves, and only one thing will restore his career—complete and utter respectability. When a gorgeous man who can’t afford another scandal meets a hardheaded woman who’s determined to cause one, anything can happen. (A spin-off of FANCY PANTS. Dallie Beaudine and Francesca Day Beaudine appear in supporting roles, along with the delectable “Teddy.”) (susanelizabethphillips.com)


My thoughts

Hallelujah - SEP at her best again.

After a few Phillips books which didn't really rock my reading world, I was really happy to have enjoyed another SEP book to the fullest.

Gist is, Lady Emma Wells-Finch, Headmistress at St Gertrude's Girls School in the UK travels to the US to lose her reputation. Yes, indeed, to lose it! And Francie Fancy Pants has the perfect (or not?) guy to look after her: Golfer Kenny Traveler, who has to avoid any scandals at all costs! Perfect match - or not?

The dialogue is witty and funny. The characters great and interesting. The plot has twists and turns which makes this book hard to put down. The secondary story involves Tory, Kenny's sister. She's just a hoot, and I really liked her character, including her foul language.

All in all - LOVED IT. Wonder what point #6 is :-)


http://astore.amazon.com/iriblo-20/detail/0380794489

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I actually met SEP last weekend in Chicago! She's as funny and witty in person as she is on the page. I bought this book and had her sign it. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhh, Patty, I'm so envious! I love SEP, she's one of my, if not the favourite author. IMHO, her personality shines through her FB posts as well. They fun to read.

      I hope you will like Lady Be Good as well.

      Delete