Pages

Review: Susan Mallery "Tempting" (Buchanan #4)





Publisher:  Harlequin

ISBN: 9780373775217

My rating: 4/5




After three romantic flame-outs in a year and a restaurant career going nowhere, Dani Buchanan needs a fresh start. She goes looking for her biological father, but never expects to find a senator running for president. As his long-lost "love child," Dani could seriously derail the election—something his handsome campaign manager Alex Canfield isn't going to let happen. Dani isn't about to let Alex run her life, no matter how tempting she finds him—and Alex isn't going to allow Dani to melt his cynicism, no matter how close he has to get. The last thing either of them wants is love, especially with scandals brewing and family trouble on the way. But Dani and Alex are forced to trust each other, and when trust turns to passion, the potential for disaster is only a tabloid scandal away. (susanmallery.com)


My thoughts

What a wonderful finish to the Buchanan series! And yes, I have to admit, I'm pleased I persisted and read all four of them.

I loved Dani's story from the very beginning. As already mentioned in the review of Cal's story, it's a family story and I'm a big sucker for that! Family is big in this story as well!

Dani finds her biological father, who happens to be Senator Mark Canfield who's running for President. His adopted son, Alex, is his campaign manager.

The sparks between Dani and Alex, and the banter between them is great. I really enjoyed it, but was a bit disappointed that it didn't carry through the whole story. It gave the story a certain something. There were ups and downs in their relationship, but I suppose that's what a romance story is all about.

I really enjoyed reading about the "side" characters as well. Alex's mother's battle to cope with the fact that her husband had a daughter, something she was never able to give her. I liked all the adopted children. Their strength and weaknesses and how Mallery "portrait" them.

Well, I didn't like Fiona! Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment