Pages

Snippet Sunday - My newest WIP 10/08/2014



~~~

Thank you all for visiting and commenting the last few weeks as I introduced you to my two characters of the upcoming release "Fresh Beginnings".
It's time for a new story ... as yet untitled.
Meet Jeri.
 
~~~

Jeri walked down the streets to her car, replaying her conversation she’d had with Olivia.

“How are your blind dates going?” her friend’s daughter asked as she came into Jeri’s gallery a couple of days earlier.

She shrugged. “I have a winner’s luck to get hooked up with all the duds in town.” Jeri hesitated, contemplating whether to speak the words in her head. Was she destined to live alone after her divorce?

“You should meet Ely. He lives next door,” Olivia said. “He’s like sex on legs. Honestly.”

Jeri let out a choked laugh. “Listen, sweetie. I’m in my late thirties, good looking for that age, but sex on legs?”

“You wait,” Olivia said as she looked at her watch. “Anyway, I’d better go. I’ll give you a call tonight regarding Ely. Prepare yourself for a nice night out!”

.

 
Thank you all for your support and kind comments.
 I do appreciate each single one of them!

.

9 comments:

  1. "Sex on legs," that's a first for me.
    I suppose it could be applied to either gender.
    Hmmmmm.....

    Nice 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling she'll be having some actual "winner's luck" with Ely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sarah. You might be onto something :-)

      Delete
  3. hum, "sex on legs" what a curious expression. I wonder what she really means by that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprising how little known the expression is ... thanks for stopping by Linda.

      Delete
  4. Could've sworn I left an earlier comment, but don't see it. Anyway...

    I like the sexy description of Eli, but don't quite get the comment "You'll wait."

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sex on legs." LOL I Love it. Let's just hope he has a good personality, too...

    ReplyDelete