Pages

Snippet Sunday - FRESH BEGINNINGS 23/08/2015 #romance #amreading #Route66



~~~
FRESH BEGINNINGS
We continue with Fresh Beginnings, Jared's story as he travels through five states
 in the US in a Motorhome. I used our itinerary from our US travels two years ago
 and wrote a romance story around in.
Jared's met Ivy, a hitchhiker ... I skipped forward a little, they're now having some lunch.
Enjoy!


~~~




"What brings you to the USA, Jared?" she asked, hoping to find out more about the very handsome stranger in front of her.
But he only shrugged and said, "Holidays."
How can he casually say holidays? Assuming that holidays were the same as what Americans called vacations, she thought she'd never had vacations in her life, let alone go to another country to have vacations.
"Australia is supposed to be beautiful. Why didn't you drive around with your RV down there?"
He raised one eyebrow at her, and she wasn't sure what that meant. Staring at him, he simply stared back.
"Are you running?" she asked carefully.
"Nope, I'm drivin'."
Letting out an exasperated sigh, she said, "I meant in—"
His laughter startled her. "Nah, I'm not running." Then he met her gaze dead on. "But you are."
The words were quietly spoken, but still went through her like a knife. Not sure why, though, because she had done nothing wrong. Yet, she still wasn't so sure about her companion. The waitress took their order and, even though Ivy ordered only a small sandwich, he added an extra serving of fries for her. It annoyed her, and she was determined not to eat it.
"For what it's worth, I'm not running," she said after a long moment of silence.

 

 

Buy Links:
Amazon Australia: http://bit.ly/1y0N4bo
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1s7xTiq
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1pBrpEY
Barnes & Noble:  http://bit.ly/1nqaT6t





Thanks for all your comments,
I do appreciate each single one of them!
And check out Snippet Sunday  Facebook site for other writers.

 



18 comments:

  1. She certainly seems defensive... and he is mysterious. I'm not sure what to make of him, a little bit of danger, a little bit of sexy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very sexy indeed ... no danger at all :-) thanks Chelle.

      Delete
  2. "I"m not running. But you are." Great line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is getting stranger and stranger. I wonder what she is so afraid of and what he is really doing here. So mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds to me like she's definitely running, and now my curiosity is up. From what? And does she even know? Great internal conflict here, Iris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Sexy and perceptive. Now I'm really curious what she's hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There certainly are some mysterious things in the background for both of them, or so it seems. Another interesting snippet today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica ... I really appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Love these lines! "I"m not running. But you are."
    The banter was great and I liked the pause before she answers him. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Okay, I don't know if this has gone through twice or not. I apologize if it has. I'm having difficulties.)

    He's sure able to see right through her, whether she likes it or not. Love how he guesses she is running from something and I wonder if he's going to be able to guess WHAT she's running from. She's so guarded though against him, I do hope she loosens up some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. Really appreciate it.

      Delete
  9. The last line is great. I could feel it coming from the build-up but it still packs a punch. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete