Pages

May I introduce: Rue Allen "Knight Errant" #MFRWAuthor



Hi Iris, thank you very much for this chance to share a snippet of Knight Errant with you and your readers.



He had failed to dent her serene armor. Worse, he had committed himself to a troublesome and unnecessary journey to Palermo. How had she done it? Without saying a word, Juliana had somehow bent his will to hers, and he had not even gotten her clear promise to return to England. 
He studied her shining calm. His father had worn a similar serenity. Robert had adored the man’s good-natured control. Control that cloaked an evil too great to tolerate, even in a beloved parent.
What threat to a man’s soul did Lady Juliana hide beneath her tranquility?  He watched the gentle sway of her hips as she went to help the cook with his pots. Robert’s body hardened, despite the knowledge that he would never touch her. The woman was a menace. Edward was right to want her under some man’s thumb. It could not happen soon enough to suit Robert. 
Too bad Palermo lay more than a month distant and the same back again. ’Twas more weeks of traveling with her serenity than he wanted to risk. But risk it he must. He could not simply ignore her. Before they reached Palermo, he had to convince Juliana to return to England. Saint Swithan’s shroud! How he was to accomplish that without setting hands on her, he did not know. 

Every medieval woman needs a weapon, Juliana Verault’s sharpest blade is her smile, but Robert Clarwyn soon realizes how to get under the lady’s guard. For more about Knight Errant and my other books I provide a blurb and links below.


BLURB
Lady Juliana Verault gladly left England—and its men—far behind in her quest to live as a Beguine. But the Christian community ceases to provide a safe haven when she’s called to travel to Palermo, Italy, where she’s entrusted with a letter from the pope that could radically change the church’s stance on women. Juliana holds the key to upending the power structure throughout Europe, but only if she can dodge her cousin, King Edward I of England, and his betrothal plans for her.
Edward sets Sir Robert Clarwyn, a knight errant and loyal hunter of criminals and traitors, on Juliana’s trail to retrieve her. Robert has never failed to bring home his target before … but then, he has never encountered a quarry like Lady Juliana, who can befuddle and bemuse him with just a smile. 
If he can’t find a way to compel her to return to England, he’ll lose any chance of regaining his family lands and redeeming his heritage. Yet Juliana must complete her mission or risk endangering her gender’s future in the faith.
With danger and intrigue mounting, Robert and Juliana must rely on each other and be willing to risk everything … including their hearts.



ABOUT RUE

   Author of historical, contemporary and erotic romances, I fell in love with happily ever after the day I heard my first story. (Yes, I was a precocious little brat who read at the age of two, but I could hear much earlier than that.) I studied literature for far too many years before discovering that writing stories was much more fun than analyzing them. Heck, as an author, I get to read the story before anyone else. I am happily married to my sweetheart of many, many years. My husband and I share the home of two cats, who condescend to allow me to feed them and clean their litter box. (The cats only tolerate my husband's assistance when I am not available.)They occasionally permit me to pet them but demand my love and attention as their right. (Funny, my husband demands the same. Could I be married to my cats? Does that make me a trigamist?) Regardless of my specific relationship status with our cats, I am in awe of their feline ability to dominate with half a glance or a mere twitch of tail. Insatiably curious, an avid reader and traveler, I love to hear from readers about your favorite books and real life adventures. Crazy Cat stories are especially welcome. You can send me your words of wisdom... Don't shake your head at me; all words are wise in one context or another. You can trust me on this; I'm an author. As I was saying, you can send your words of wisdom, humor, and friendship to me at contact@RueAllyn.com. Can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment